Monday, August 29, 2011

Having faith to jump out of the boat!

So, here I am in Ethiopia again! I have to say the more I am around these amazing Ethiopian people the bigger my heart grows. I have learned what true beauty is, and that is something I will never forget! My mom and I picked up Loza yesterday from the orphanage and stayed for hours playing with all the kids. I love these kids so much. I hope that someday we can be reunited again in heaven, because my heart breaks every time I have to say goodbye. They have definitely stolen a little piece of my heart!

Loza is amazing! It was very hard to take her from the orphanage because she is so bonded with the nannies. The nannies are amazing and love her so much! They all kiss her and said goodbye thousands of times. My heart broke because I can't imagine taking care of a baby for 8 months and then one day she is gone!I owe them so much!

I have a new respect for mothers because it is so much work taking care of a baby, especially in a third world country. But everytime Loza smiles at me I feel one step closer to bonding. I did have a huge moment last night. I went into the other room to grab a diaper and Loza started to cry and I ran back in the room with tears in my eyes because it was the first time i felt that we were bonded! I am totally in love with her and the more I get to know her and her sweet spirit, the bigger my heart grows. I can't wait for everyone to meet her!

So God has really been teaching me to have faith, blind faith. We came early to Ethiopia before our case has been cleared by the embassy! So, my mind was filled with doubts the whole flight here. I was reading and the story of Peter walking on water and it hit me like a ton of bricks! God said...you of little faith, why do you doubt me? I was very humbled and had to apologize for my horrible faith factor. So, with all that said. I am having faith that the embassy will clear our case this week and we will be able to bring Loza home next week!

Thank you for all the support and prayers! It is felt all the way across the world! Here is praying for good news tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment