Monday, September 12, 2011

The caniferous tree!

On Saturday I got to visit the place where Loza was found! It was at a hospital in the heart of the city. She was found under a caniferous tree wrapped in a white cloth. The tree was the most beautiful things I have ever seen. It was exactly how I pictured it. A huge African tree with grass underneath it. The hospital is gated and very well protected by guards. Lozas mom definitely went to lengths to make sure she was safe and protected! As I was standing there holding Loza my heart broke in two. One side was filled with gratefulness that God brought Loza to us and the future that she will now have, but the other part of my heart broke into many pieces thinking about the ache in Lozas moms heart that she will feel everyday for the rest of her life. Just thinking about the last hug, kiss, that her birth mom took before she laid her on the ground and walked away! I really feel someday I will meet Lozas mom in heaven and get to know her, she must be an amazing person...because Loza is sooo amazing! I kept thinking of a verse in the bible "blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose trust is the Lord. He is like a tree planted by water, that sends out it's roots by the stream, and does not fear when heat comes, for it's leaves remain green, and it is not anxious in the year of drought, for it does not cease to bear fruit"

The crazy thing is that we went to church the next morning and that was the scripture verse the pastor taught on...and the title of the service was..."living like a tree" isn't that crazy? God is just so big! He has orchestrated every single little detail of this whole adoption! Sometimes the seeds that God plants in your heart are scary and often a step of faith to carry out, but wow how rewarding when you have enough blind faith to take a step out of the boat and trust that Gods will for my life will shine through and be way more rewarding than you could ever imagine!

Wow, what a journey...I will never forget my time in ethiopia! It holds a special place in my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment